December 13, 2015

Kate

Kate is a wonderful and sweet person, and she has always been soft spoken but she is very funny when she speaks up. She’s a good leader and good with campers, but she’s also one kickass friend. I have had some good times over the last few months with her. Whenever she laughs at something, she makes people around her laugh, and the whole room seems to light up with happiness. That was a very sappy sentence, but I can’t describe it any other way. I’ve laughed so much with her to the point where I don’t remember what we were laughing at in the first place. She’s someone that you can purely laugh with and it’s the weirdest, most freeing thing ever. I think I’ll blog about laughter, just because it’s so bomb. Laughing is the chillest thing ever.

Anyway, Kate is just really good at making kids laugh, and listening to the little ones go off on tangents. She encourages all their ideas and thoughts, and they can ramble on forever once Kate asks them a few questions. It makes it easy for her to connect with anyone. She is an amazing listener.

(Here is a “Pro” tip from someone who’s not really a pro, but thinks this might be some good advice: listen to people. Treat every single person you meet like your equal, and value what every individual has to say. You can really learn valuable things from the most unexpected people.)

Another thing Kate is good at is being super organized. Her clothes were always neatly organized at camp in the cabin. She was good at keeping our leader in training group on task and gently reminding everyone of the big picture if and when we got frustrated.

There are a lot of other cool things about Kate I could say, but I think I’m going to stop here. At some point, I can not say more about these people. They really speak for themselves when you are hanging out with them. And after writing this many posts, it is starting to get tedious, but it is worth it to finish, too. And I will!

Anyway, stay awesome, Kate. You never fail to make me laugh, dear.
Claire

(374)

No comments:

Post a Comment