December 19, 2015

True Colors

OH MY GOSH! I got a bit off track. I completely forgot that I was going to blog about True Colors. I posted a blog about Kate instead of the true colors post. Shoooot. Well, anyway. I'll get back on track here...

The true colors test is a personality quiz. If you have any interest in taking it before I explain it, I've linked to a pdf of the quiz at the end of this little intro. Be careful not to scroll down to the second page of the pdf, the quiz is only the first page and results are further down. Preferable, print it out. It's easier to take on paper. Otherwise, type your answers into your phone or write down your answers somewhere. Come back when you figure out what your true colors are right here.

Okay, cool, you're back. What color are you? There are four colors; blue, orange, green, and gold. Once you take it, you can scroll down and read through the four personality types. You've probably read through the personalities by now. For a quick overview:

Blue people are very compassionate, caring, and in tune to emotions, both theirs and those of people around them.
Green people are very creative, independent spirits that think for themselves and like to question everything.
Gold people are organized, loyal, and value family and being helpful.
Orange people are spontaneous, competitive, and thrive in a spotlight.

That's a really quick overview, but there's a lot more that can be predicted by your true colors. How you thrive in a romantic relationship, a career, and what you value can all be predicted or laid out by your true color. The huge upside to this quiz is that it's scored mathematically for each category, so you can be a balance between a two colors, or even a complete tie between all four. That's very rare. I'm primarily blue, and then green is my secondary color. When I read the sheet about my "traits" based on my color, I was initially surprised, but then I started nodding my head. I realized how accurate a lot of the predictions for "blue" people were. A lot of the traits of blue people are things I am, or at least strive to be.

Learning your friends' colors can also be cool because it makes it easier to comfort them, or encourage them when they are facing a challenge. Based on their color, you can act as a better friend and try to cater what you say or do to get a more positive reaction from them. 

Now, if you try too hard, you're looking at Divergent-like factions from a dystopian society or something. I don't think you need to know everyone's color, and not everything lines up. Anyway, it's just another cool way to envision yourself and observe others, too. 

Happy quizzing!
Claire

(485)

No comments:

Post a Comment