January 21, 2016

A Lesson In Ramen Noodles

Trust me, this totally ties back to an important life lesson, and is totally related to bettering yourself as a person...

As I sit down to type this, I also sit down to taste the most hellish stir-fry that has ever been created. I'm home alone for dinner, and was going to reheat some leftover ramen noodles in the microwave. I decided to google some ideas on how to make leftover ramen more classy, or turn it into something more fun to eat. I stumbled across a handful of articles and recipes on how to create fried ramen batter, turn it into a pizza crust, and how to stir-fry it with assorted veggies and meat. I decided to try a stir-fry. Except I'm working with leftovers, so the ratios are completely off, and I've never tried to stir-fry anything before.

So let's see. I beat an egg, drain the broth from my ramen, and mix the noodles in with the egg in a bowl. I put a tablespoon of oil and a pat of butter in a pan and turn on the stove. I add my noodles. So far, so good. It's cooking! Maybe this will work.


It starts well. And then I try to flip the egg and noodle fry, to cook the other side. The skillet is too small and it folds inwards. It's fine. It's an egg and noodle scramble I guess. It's all good. I'll add meat and cheese, preferably some chicken and cheese.

I opt for sliced salomi and some cut up string cheese, which doesn't go well. Aha! Maybe the cheese will melt if I steam it!

Shit. Now it's soggy. *sigh*

What's the takeaway from this disgusting, soggy, stir-fry?

Some things are better left as is, straight up, with no fireworks or confetti. It's okay to stick to the basics sometimes.

Also, I SUCK at cooking. Should've just used the microwave...

Good luck in all your ramen adventures,
Claire
(330)

2 comments:

  1. This was such a funny, and unfortunately relatable, post to read! I liked that you took a situation and turned it into a good life lesson. It's true, sometimes it's better to just leave something as is. For me, that's art. I always kind of like how something is coming, but keep adding to it until I've completely ruined it. As you said, "Some things are better left as is." And don't worry about being a bad cook, it's tough stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was such a funny, and unfortunately relatable, post to read! I liked that you took a situation and turned it into a good life lesson. It's true, sometimes it's better to just leave something as is. For me, that's art. I always kind of like how something is coming, but keep adding to it until I've completely ruined it. As you said, "Some things are better left as is." And don't worry about being a bad cook, it's tough stuff!

    ReplyDelete