January 24, 2016

Sasha (and a conclusion)

Last but never least, is Sasha. She’s the “mom” of the LITs and she holds everything together. She helps everyone get along and solves our conflicts. She’s also not afraid to be really strict, even with her own peers. What would normally come off as a really stern comment, she always manages to make humorous. She’s is a great actress, and uses jokes to make what she has to say helpful without being rude. It sounds edgy, but she pulls it off really well. She doesn’t have the time or patience for people messing around and getting off-task, and her well-timed comments and sarcasm are really helpful. Her kitchen dish washing crew was one of the fastest to get done, probably because she organized everyone in a sort of assembly line fashion. Just, thank goodness for Sasha. She ties up loose ends and has a sassy attitude that actually helps keep everything and every person under control.


And to wrap this up, thanks to all the great leaders I got to work with this summer. These posts are sappy and sort of repetitive because I love them all so much, but they’re really sweet people and quality friends. If I could close this little intermittent blog series with a more general piece of advice, it would be to find friends as amazing as the ones I made. They are smart, witty, passionate, and loyal people and I appreciate everything they taught me and continue to teach me. Because we were all plucked from different school districts, cities, even states, and different backgrounds and social groups, we are a diverse group of people that bring a lot of different stories and qualities to the table. That’s important, and it’s what makes them so much fun to hang out with. They all make me laugh and make me think differently. Surround yourself with people who do that. It’s pretty fun.

Stay cool, kids.
Claire
(P.S. I'm experimenting with different blog endings, I guess? I don't like sticking to one phrase. So, don't judge me by my closing words, please and thank you.)
(351)

No comments:

Post a Comment