October 22, 2015

Civil Rights

I'm writing about a friend again. I'll try to keep this short, but today I'm going to talk about Sydney. She needs some recognition. 

Sydney is one of, if not my best friends, and one of the most aware people I've ever met. Her blog for this class is about civil rights, and she has so many brilliant opinions to share. I like her writing because it breaks down issues that I've had a hard time comprehending in the past. And she writes with a lot of passion. Once she breaks down a difficult issue, she's amazing at arguing a point. This is true in her writing and in person. She's a passionate and caring person, whether it's about a recent legal movement or where she sits in orchestra. 

In addition to showing passion for what she believes in, she is compassionate to others. She has adopted three sweet Boston Terrier girls, and she volunteers at the hospital, teaching toddlers and children about having new siblings. She really enjoys and cares about kids, and babysits for a family very regularly. She's always sharing stories about these cute kids that she gets to hang out with and how hilarious they are.

Sydney is a role model. She is compassionate and caring, and she has been found outlets for passing on her wonderful attitude to the kids she teaches at the hospital and the kids she babysits. And she's a fighter. She cares about multiple recent issues revolving around the rights of all people, and I know she'll continue impacting those around her with her words and actions for a long time.
I think I did an okay job of keeping this kind of short, but I could go on. She's a pretty amazing person.

Stay awesome,
Claire
---
Check out Syd's blog, Civil Rights and Social Justice.
---

1 comment: